Skip to content

Send transcripts

What is an “official” transcript?

A college transcript is official if it bears the authorizing signature and the official seal of the issuing institution and is:

  • sent directly by the school to the Office of Admissions or
  • sealed in a school envelope and mailed or delivered to Admissions by you.

If you open the envelope, the transcript is no longer official.

Which transcripts are required?

Request an official transcript from each baccalaureate (four-year) college or university you have ever attended, regardless of whether you received college credit from that institution. It is your responsibility to contact each institution and request transcripts by the appropriate date. Transcripts sent to other UW offices (including Graduate Admissions, UW Tacoma, and UW Bothell) are not forwarded to the Office of Admissions.

Failure to disclose and submit transcripts from all baccalaureate institutions attended, even if no credit was earned, may result in denial of admission or dismissal from the University.

It is recommended but not required that you also submit transcripts from any community (two-year) colleges you have attended.

Records from schools in non-English speaking countries must be originals, official, and in the native language, accompanied by English translations.

Are electronic transcripts accepted?

Washington state community college students should have their transcripts sent electronically. Transcripts can also be sent electronically through Parchment and Credentials Solutions (eScripSafe). All other transcripts should be mailed to the Office of Admissions.

When should transcripts arrive?

Keep in mind that you will need extra time for transcripts to arrive at your home before you can mail them to the UW. If it is not possible for you to gather and mail all official transcripts together, you may ask the college(s) to send the official documents directly to the Admissions Office. In that case, the postmark date on the college’s envelope will determine if the transcript meets the UW deadline.

Mailing Address

University of Washington
Office of Admissions
1410 NE Campus Pkwy
Box 355852
Seattle, WA 98195-5852

Former and current UW students

Former and current undergraduates at the Seattle campus of the UW do not need to request their UW transcripts. However, those students who first enrolled at the UW more than nine years ago must submit official transcripts from other institutions; previously submitted records are no longer on file.

Former and current UW students who have attended the UW only as nonmatriculated, graduate, or professional students — or who have enrolled only at UW Tacoma or UW Bothell — need not send UW transcripts. However, they are required to submit official transcripts from all other colleges and universities they have attended. We will not request the transfer of documents originally sent to other UW offices, including Graduate Admissions.