Skip to content

Applying for aid

Financial aid funds are an important resource to help pay for college. Over half of UW undergraduates receive financial aid. Applying for financial aid is separate from your application for admission. The UW uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and for undocumented students living in Washington, the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). For priority aid consideration, be sure that you have submitted your FAFSA/WASFA by February 28, 2024, for the upcoming school year, even if you don’t know whether you will be offered admission.

Award notices are sent out in the spring and continue through the summer. They are sent electronically, so be sure to check your UW email and MyUW regularly.

The UW does not provide financial aid to undergraduate international students. Not sure if you’re an international student? Let us help.