The Office of Admissions is on the third floor, Suite 301.
If you are planning to attend a freshman information session or Transfer Thursday event, please note that these events take place in the Husky Union Building (HUB). You'll find more information on the Plan your Visit page.
The Office of Admissions is open to phone calls Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (except university closures).
How to Get Here
- By bus. More than 60 bus routes serve the U-District, including many that drive onto the campus itself. You may also take the train or light rail to downtown Seattle, then transfer to a bus for a quick ride to the University.
- By air. Seattle is served by Sea-Tac International Airport, about 20 minutes away.
Upcoming Holiday Closures
From Interstate 5 (I-5), northbound or southbound
- Do not use the express lanes.
- Take Exit #169 (UW — NE 45th St. Exit).
- Go east (right turn from I-5 north, left turn from I-5 south) on NE 45th for about .5 mile.
- Turn right on 15th Ave. NE and continue for several blocks to NE 41st St. Schmitz Hall is on the right (west) side of 15th Ave.
- To park in the underground Central Plaza Parking Garage, turn left at NE 41st. Parking is paid hourly in advance based, upon entrance (cash or Visa/Mastercard accepted). It's better to over estimate the time you'll be on campus to avoid a parking ticket.
From the east side of Lake Washington via SR 520 (toll bridge)
- Take SR 520 westbound toward Seattle.
- Take the Montlake Blvd NE exit.
- Turn right (north) onto Montlake Blvd and cross the Montlake Bridge.
- Just past the bridge, turn left on Pacific Ave and continue west for several blocks past the UW Medical Center and Health Sciences complex on your left.
- Turn right at 15th Ave NE and continue north about three blocks to NE 41st St.
- Schmitz Hall is on the left (west) side of 15th Ave.
- To park in the underground Central Plaza Parking Garage, turn right on NE 41st. Parking is paid hourly in advance (cash or Visa/Mastercard accepted). We recommend over estimating the time you'll be on campus to avoid a parking ticket.