Other important dates in 2017
April 21–22 Engineering Discovery Days.
May 1 Deadline to confirm your intention to attend the UW (online or postmark deadline)
May 5–11 Priority application period for on-campus housing
Summer 2017 Parent Orientation (several dates are offered)
Late September – early October Dawg Daze 2017 / Move-In Days for on-campus housing
I can visit only on the weekend. What are my options?Many campus facilities are open starting at 12:00 noon.
I can’t attend any of the ASP sessions. What else can my family do to experience the UW?
We offer many things to do even if you don't attend an Admitted Student Preview session.
Please consult the calendar for freshman information sessions and tours.
- Monday – Friday: We offer daily admissions presentations and tours. Begining March 20, we'll also offer admitted student information sessions.
- Several residential life tours are available.
- Consult the Drop-in Course List
- Visitors are welcome to have a drop-in appointment with an admissions counselor, from 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. (last appointment starts at 4:15 p.m.)
- Take our self-guided campus tour with your smart phone (from home or on campus).
- Consult the Things to Do webpage.
- Check the Seattle campus calendar.
Will I sign up for classes at Admitted Student Preview?
You will register for classes at an Advising & Orientation session (A&O) during the summer. Once the New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee is paid online you will be able to sign up for an A&O.
Plan your visit
Getting to campus
The University of Washington is located in the University District in the city of Seattle. With Light Rail, bus, Uber and Lyft options, there are many ways to get to campus that don't require bringing your car. Review all your options before finalizing your plans.
Because we are unable to cover the cost of parking, we encourage you to consider other options, however, should you decide to drive, we recommend the Central Plaza Garage located on 15th Ave NE and NE 41st St. The daily parking fee is $15 and can be paid with cash or Visa/Mastercard. We advise paying the flat rate for all day parking.
Dress comfortably and check the forecast! Dress in layers and wear comfortable walking shoes. You will be walking a lot, and you'll want to look up at the sights, not down at your sore feet.
If you have a UW NetID, you may use it to access UW wireless networks.
Guests who need temporary access to UW wifi will be provided with login and password at Check In.