- For autumn 2017, scholarship amounts range from $3,250 to $5,500 per year ($13,000 to $22,000 over four years).
This scholarship is awarded with the following conditions:
- This scholarship is only for U.S. students (U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees, undocumented residents) who are not residents of Washington State. It assumes that recipients are not, nor will become, a resident of the state of Washington during the next four academic years.
- Recipients will confirm their intention to enroll at the UW for autumn quarter by May 1 of the year they wish to enroll. May 1 is the National Candidate Reply Date.
- Recipients will enroll as full-time students, defined as as a minimum of 12 credits per quarter for three quarters of the academic year.
- The scholarship is renewable for four years as long as recipients maintain good academic standing.
- The Purple & Gold Scholarship may be used at the Seattle campus only.
- The scholarship may not be deferred.
Note: Students admitted to UW Academy are not eligible for Purple & Gold Scholarships.