Factors That May be Considered in the Selection Process
- Entering freshman at the University of Washington
- Underrepresented minority student (African American, American Indian/Alaska Native with appropriate documentation, Hispanic, Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
- Exemplary academic record (GPA, curriculum, SAT/ACT scores)
- Personal background and community service
- Resident of the state of Washington
- Financial need, as evidenced from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Amount and Terms of the Scholarship
At present, the UW Diversity Scholar Award provides each recipient with a scholarship of $10,000 annually, for a total value of $40,000, to attend the University for four years of undergraduate study.
To be considered, students are encouraged to file the FAFSA as soon after October 1 as possible.
Students whose admission applications indicate that they may meet the criteria listed above will be reviewed automatically (no additional application is needed). Eligible students will be notified in February.
If you have questions about this award, please contact:S. Kay Lewis
Director of Student Financial Aid
University of Washington
178 Schmitz Hall
Seattle, WA 98195-5831