If you wish to accept the offer of admission, you must confirm your enrollment by paying the $300 New Student Enrollment & Orientation Fee (NSEOF). May 1, 2014 is the final date for freshmen to submit the NSEOF!
What is the NSEOF?
The New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee (NSEOF) is a mandatory, one-time fee of $300 that all entering undergraduate students pay to confirm enrollment. The NSEOF funds many academic support and transition programs, including online Advising & Registration, on-campus Advising & Orientation, Dawg Daze Welcome Week, and First-Year Interest Groups.
When is the NSEOF due?
The UW follows the National Candidate's Reply Date, which ensures that students may consider - without penalty from any college - all of their admission offers until May 1. The NSEOF payment and confirmation must be mailed and postmarked by the postal service on or before May 1, 2014. If you are paying the NSEOF online, your payment must be submitted by 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on May 1. If your NSEOF payment and confirmation is submitted or mailed after May 1, it is unlikely that you will be able to enroll at this UW campus.
For students offered admission from the waitlist, the deadline to confirm enrollment is two weeks after the offer of admission is made. Do not wait for the offer materials to arrive in the mail if you live outside of the U.S. since it can take longer than two weeks for overseas mailings. You can download all required forms and follow the instructions to confirm enrollment once you are ready to accept the offer of admission.
How do I pay the NSEOF?
International freshmen may choose one of the three options below to confirm enrollment and pay the NSEOF:
- Postal Mail - Send a $300 U.S. currency bank check, draft, or money order to the University via postal mail
- peerTransfer Online - Submit your NSEOF online using payment options available in your home country
- Web Check Online - Submit an electronic web check using a U.S. checking account
Return your completed forms and NSEOF payment by postal mail to the Registrar's Processing Center (address shown on the International Student Payment Form):
- Obtain a bank check, draft, or money order payable through a U.S. bank and addressed to "University of Washington" in the amount of $300 U.S. currency. You may use any major foreign bank that has a U.S. branch or U.S. affiliate.
- Print, complete, and sign the following three forms:
- Mail the completed forms together with your $300 NSEOF payment to the UW Registrar's Processing Center. We recommend you mail the I-20 Request Form and Statement of Financial Responsiblity to the University at the same time you submit the NSEOF payment, but there is no deadline for submitting the immigration forms. If you do not return these completed forms to the UW, we will not be able to create immigration documents for you.
The UW has partnered with peerTransfer to allow you to submit the NSEOF online using payment options available in your home country. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, and in most cases, the ability to pay in your home currency. You will be able to login to your peerTransfer account to track the progress of your payment and receive notification from peerTransfer once your payment is received by the University of Washington. Your payment must be submitted to peerTransfer by 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on May 1. If your NSEOF payment is submitted after May 1, it is unlikely that you will be able to enroll at this UW campus.
- Go to peerTransfer - University of Washington.
- Enter $300 as the amount in U.S. dollars that you would like the University of Washington to receive.
- Choose the country that you are paying from in the dropdown list and then select the payment option that is right for you from the options available in your country.
- Create your peerTransfer account or sign into an existing account if you already have one.
- Fill in the required information and select "Undergraduate Program" for Program of Study.
- Once your payment has been processed through peerTransfer, print, complete, and sign the following three forms:
- Mail the completed forms to the UW Registrar's Processing Center. We recommend you mail these forms to the University after your NSEOF payment has been processed by peerTransfer, but there is no deadline for submitting these forms. If you do not return these completed forms to the UW, we will not be able to create immigration documents for you.
This option is available for international freshmen who have a checking account through a U.S. bank only. The web check allows you to pay the NSEOF by transferring funds online to the University from your U.S. checking account.
If you have not already done so, you must first create your UW NetID and email account. Go to Accessing Your UW NetID for instructions if you have not yet created your UW NetID.
- If you have a checking account through a U.S. bank, you can submit an online web check for the $300 NSEOF payment. Go to MyUW Decision and login using your UW NetID. Follow the instructions there to submit your payment. You will need your bank's routing number and account number to process the web check payment. Canadian checking accounts or other foreign bank accounts cannot be used to pay by web check. See the peerTransfer option above for payments from non-U.S. banks.
- Once your web check payment has been submitted online, print, complete, and sign the following three forms:
- Mail the completed forms to the UW Registrar's Processing Center. We recommend you mail these forms to the University after your web check payment has been submitted online, but there is no deadline for submitting these forms. If you do not return these completed forms to the UW, we will not be able to create immigration documents for you.
IMPORTANT: Paying the NSEOF is the only way to confirm your enrollment at the Seattle campus of the UW. Enrolling or participating in any other UW program, such as on-campus housing, the Honors Program, department events, etc., does not confirm your enrollment at this campus.
The NSEOF Agreement
Please make your enrollment decision carefully. Submission of the NSEOF represents your intention to enroll and to attend the UW. Once submitted, the $300 NSEOF is neither refundable nor is it transferable to another quarter, to another person, or to another UW campus, even if you later decide not to enroll at the UW.
If you applied to more than one UW campus, you may accept only one offer of admission. You may not confirm enrollment with at more than one campus. Please refer Admitted to Another Campus under the Offer of Admission section.
Decline the Offer of Admission
If you have decided not to enroll at the Seattle campus of the University of Washington and you would like to decline the offer of admission, download the Decline Form and return it via postal mail to the Registrar's Processing Center or go to MyUW Decision to login with your UW NetID to decline the offer of admission online.