Our team is happy to ensure that your questions are answered. We want you to walk away with an understanding of the distinctive college experience the UW offers. Your ability to visit campus and learn more about the admissions process is sure to make a difference in your college search.
We welcome prospective students and their families. Most students who attend are in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grades, but younger students are welcome, also.
Campus Tours and Freshman Information Sessions sometimes fill to capacity, especially on Mondays and Fridays. If you do not see a particular time or date on the calendar, the event is full or no event is scheduled.
We do not offer events if the UW is closed due to a state holiday or rare inclement weather.
We offer the following programs for prospective freshmen and families:
- Campus Tour and Freshman Info Session
- Transfer Thursday
- Residential Life Tour
Husky Union Building (HUB), Admissions Welcome Center, Room 106.
Daily Visit is free. Registration is required. Due to capacity restrictions, we recommend that families register at least four weeks in advance.
If possible, we recommend visiting on a Wednesday. It’s a great way to see a typical day on campus. By contrast, the following days are extremely popular and therefore fill up quickly: Mondays, Fridays, state in-service days, and the days surrounding three-day weekends.
What else can I do?
- Sit in on a class. After you’ve registered for your tour, select a class to visit.
- Interested in the Honors Program? Join us for an information session, offered twice weekly October 1 - November 30, 2015. Space is limited, so please register.
- Pre-Business students. The Foster School of Business offers special information sessions. Please learn more and sign up.
- Check out our Plan Your Visit page, loaded with helpful tips for where to eat and stay, how to wear for our climate, and what to do while you're here.
Our first priority is groups of high school juniors and seniors.