The Office of Admissions is on the third floor, Suite 301.
If you are planning to attend a freshman information session or Transfer Thursday event, please note that these events take place in the Husky Union Building (HUB). You'll find more information on the Plan a Visit page.
The Office of Admissions is open to phone calls Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (except university closures). Through the end of March, the counseling staff is not available for drop-in visits or appointments. They are participating in College Planning Days throughout the state of Washington.
How to Get Here
- By bus. More than 60 bus routes serve the U-District, including many that drive onto the campus itself. You may also take the train or light rail to downtown Seattle, then transfer to a bus for a quick ride to the University.
- By air. Seattle is served by Sea-Tac International Airport, about 20 minutes away.
Upcoming Holiday Closures
From Interstate 5 (I-5), northbound or southbound
- Do not use the express lanes.
- Take Exit #169 (UW — NE 45th St. Exit).
- Go east (right turn from I-5 north, left turn from I-5 south) on NE 45th for about .5 mile.
- Turn right on 15th Ave. NE and continue for several blocks to NE 41st St. Schmitz Hall is on the right (west) side of 15th Ave.
- To park in the underground Central Plaza Parking Garage, turn left at NE 41st. Parking is $15 upon entrance (cash or Visa/Mastercard accepted). You may receive a partial refund depending on how long you stay.
From the east side of Lake Washington via SR 520 (the floating bridge)
- Take SR 520 (the floating bridge) westbound toward Seattle.
- Take the Montlake Blvd. NE exit.
- Turn right (north) onto Montlake Blvd. and cross the Montlake Bridge.
- Just past the bridge, turn left on Pacific Ave. and continue west for several blocks past the UW Medical Center and Health Sciences complex on your left.
- Turn right at 15th Ave. NE and continue north about three blocks to NE 41st St.
- Schmitz Hall is on the left (west) side of 15th Ave.
- To park in the underground Central Plaza Parking Garage, turn right on NE 41st. Parking is $15 upon entrance (cash or Visa/Mastercard accepted). You may receive a partial refund depending on how long you stay.