Applying for financial aid is necessary; looking for scholarships is wise. Here are some resources.
Financial Aid Scholarship Services Office
- Maintains information about need-based scholarships offered by private organizations.
- Awards several hundred scholarships each year to residents of Washington State. These awards are given to undergraduates who demonstrate both outstanding academic achievement and financial need. To be eligible for consideration, students must be admitted to the UW for autumn quarter of the academic year and complete the FAFSA by the priority filing deadline. While a separate application is not required, some students will be asked to provide additional information later in the review process.
- One-stop shopping for those seeking merit-based awards and help in how to do a scholarship search free of charge.
- Services to enrolled UW students include scholarship workshops, mock interviews, and preparation for national award competitions.
- Scholarships for Incoming Students
Martin Family Foundation Scholarship Programs
The Martin Family Foundation supports two community college transfer scholarship programs to enable community college students of exceptional ability and outstanding achievement to complete their bachelor’s degrees at the UW Seattle campus. These include the Martin Achievement Scholarship and the Martin Family Foundation Honors Scholarship Program, both of which support community college transfers who will earn their bachelor degree at the UW Seattle campus. Each program funds students at different points in their community college careers. The award may be renewable each year for up to a total of three years of undergraduate support.
Washington Space Grant Consortium
The Washington NASA Space Grant Community College Transfer Scholarships are awarded to promising community college students planning to transfer to the UW to continue their studies in engineering, math, science or technology. You must be a Washington State resident and U.S. citizen to be eligible to apply. Applications must be postmarked by March 9, 2012, for students entering the UW autumn 2012. Community college transfer students who enter the UW in winter or spring 2012 are also eligible to apply for a Space Grant scholarship.