We could give you dozens of reasons, but these 5 are at the top of UW students' list. Together, they form the core of what is distinctive about us.
What are you looking for in a college?
- They see the particular opportunities the UW offers. In order to become influential and learned, they need to be able to create knowledge, which is harder than learning received knowledge.
- They recognize the strength of connections. They will have a competitive advantage in life and career after college because of the robust relationships the UW has with dynamic, progressive, category defining corporations, organizations and communities in the region.
- They understand that the world is not small and private. The UW purposefully brings together students with a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and opinions to produce a successful student body. The composition of the student body is a contributing factor in the educational experience of all students.
- They know they are not living in any ivory tower. They see the UW's location in Seattle and their ability to participate in the life of the city as an inherent part of their personal growth and educational experience.
- They appreciate this place. The region's particular beauty, culture, and traditions contribute to their lives as students and as future leaders.