Which Quarter Can I Apply For?
The UW expects all applications to be submitted online. The online application for applicants seeking admission for winter 2017 is open.
The deadline for summer and autumn quarters 2016 was February 15, 2016. MORE
Students who expect to participate in intercollegiate athletics are required to submit the necessary information to the NCAA Eligibility Clearinghouse
Spring quarter is not open for general admission; therefore, the online application is not available for this term.
Engineering Applicants and Computer Science Applicants Only
- You may submit the paper application to the UW Admissions Office for spring quarter admission only if you are also applying for spring quarter direct entry to the programs listed below.
- Direct entry applicants to these programs should print the PDF version of the UW application and submit the paper application and required documents before the deadline, December 15.
- Direct entry applicants must also submit a departmental application to the program; check department websites for instructions. Exception: Applicants to Computer Science or Computer Engineering submit only the UW application; there is no separate departmental application.
Quarter of Entry
Departments admit new transfer students according to the following schedule:
- Chemical Engineering
Spring and Autumn Quarters
- Bioresource Science & Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Centered Design & Engineering
Autumn Quarter only
- Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Statement of Nondiscrimination
The University of Washington reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran. This policy applies to all programs and facilities, including, but not limited to, admissions, educational programs, employment, and patient and hospital services. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action. Discrimination is prohibited by Presidential Executive Order 11246 as amended, Washington State Gubernatorial Executive Orders 89-01 and 93-07, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Washington State Law Against Discrimination RCW 49.60, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, State of Washington Gender Equity in Higher Education Act of 1989, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 as amended, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1972 as amended, other federal and state statutes, regulations, and University policy. Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action compliance efforts at the University of Washington are coordinated by the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, University of Washington, 442A Gerberding Hall, Box 351240, Seattle, Washington, 98195-1240, telephone 206.543.1830.
The University of Washington is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264 (FAX), or firstname.lastname@example.org