Submit high school transcripts by attaching them to your online application. Only college transcripts should be sent to the UW by postal mail. Make sure that your full legal name appears on all academic records.
- What We Believe
- Quick Answers
- Key Dates & Deadlines
- Get Ready for College
- I'm Interested in the UW. Guide Me.
- Application Review Process
- English Proficiency
- College Academic Distribution Requirements (CADR)
- Academic Performance
- Plan Your Transfer
- Advanced-Level Credit
- Homeschool Policies
- Application Fee
- Writing Section
- Letters of Recommendation?
- Send Transcripts
- UW Just For Summer
- Already Have a B.A.?
- Money Matters
- I Applied. Now What?
- I Was Admitted. Now What?
- We Are Admissions
Academic Credentials (Transcripts)
Most applicants apply online and should submit a scanned copy of their high school transcript(s) with the online application. Only college transcripts should be mailed to the Office of Admissions. If you complete a paper application, please mail all transcripts in the same envelope as your application.
Upload High School/Secondary School Transcripts:
Required of All Freshman and Transfer Applicants
- Request a paper copy of your transcript or academic record from each high school or secondary school attended for grades 9, 10, and 11 or the equivalent years in your country. Include grade 9 even if it was part of junior high school in your country. If you have already graduated high school or you are a transfer student attending a college or university, request a paper copy of your final high school transcript that includes grades 10, 11, and 12 or the equivalent years in your country. Please do not ask your school for an electronic version of your transcript as most schools cannot provide this. After receiving the transcript, you will need to make an electronic copy yourself using the paper copy provided by your school. All applicants are required to attach scanned high school transcripts to your online application.
- If you have completed secondary school exams (O-level, HKCEE, SPM, etc.), you must upload a scanned copy of your final exam certificate or diploma that shows all coursework completed and grades received. Students educated in the British system or other educational systems in which grades are based on comprehensive national exams — O-level, GCSE, SPM, etc. — must submit a copy of the official exam certificate by the application deadline. Students who will not receive the official exam certificate by the application deadline will not be eligible for admission consideration until 2014.
- Do not mail high school/secondary school transcripts or mid-year grade reports to the Office of Admissions or ask your school to mail them. We will not match mailed high school transcripts to your application file. The Office of Admissions will review your application based on the scanned transcripts received with your online application. International freshmen who are offered admission, will be instructed to send official high school transcripts to the Office of Admissions at a later time. Official transcripts will be carefully reviewed against previously submitted transcripts and an offer of admission will be rescinded for any altered, modified, or falsified documents.
- Naviance/Docufide: If your high school sends transcripts electronically using Naviance or Docufide, indicate this on the application. All documents received electronically through Naviance or Docufide are considered official.
Send College/University Transcripts:
Required of All Applicants with College Coursework
- Send official transcript(s) from each college or university attended, both in the U.S. and outside the U.S., regardless of how long you attended the school. Transcripts must include coursework and grades through the autumn 2012 term.
- Washington State community college students should have their transcripts sent electronically. All other college transcripts should be mailed to the Office of Admissions or sent directly from your college or university to the UW.
- International transfer students attending Washington State community colleges are encouraged to submit an updated transcript with winter quarter grades once available. Although this is not required, the information may help in the review of your application.
Mailing Address for College/University Transcripts Only
University of Washington
Office of Admissions
1410 NE Campus Parkway – 225 Schmitz Hall
Seattle, WA 98195
University of Washington
Office of Admissions
Seattle, WA 98195-5852