Before you can get started on the admission journey, figure out your application type, so you get the right admission information for you. If you aren't sure which type you are, read the descriptions below.
I am a freshman because I can answer "Yes" to at least one of the following statements:
- I plan to enter the UW in the summer or fall after graduating from high school.
- I am in Washington State’s Running Start Program and I plan to enter the UW right after graduating (regardless of how many college credits I have earned or will earn).
- I have never attended college since leaving high school (regardless of my age or whether I ever graduated).
I am a transfer student because I can answer "Yes" to all of the following statements:
- I wish to enter the UW to earn my first bachelor’s degree.
- I am no longer attending high school (regardless of how old I am or whether I ever graduated).
- I have completed, or will have completed, some coursework at a regionally accredited college or university before entering the UW.
I am an international student because I need an F-1 student visa or have another type of temporary, non-immigrant visa.
Still unsure about your status as an international status? Take this quick and easy test.
Postbaccalaureate is a matriculated (degree-seeking), undergraduate status at the UW, reserved for students who are working towards a second bachelor’s degree or who are preparing for entrance to graduate or professional school. This status includes UW undergraduates who anticipate earning their first bachelor’s degree and wish to pursue a second degree at the UW.
- I am a postbaccalaureate because, before enrolling at the UW, I have completed, or will complete, a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.