I am a freshman because I can answer "Yes" to at least one of the following statements:
- I plan to enter the UW in the summer or fall after graduating from high school.
- I am in Washington State’s Running Start Program, and I plan to enter the UW right after graduating, regardless of how many college credits I have earned or will earn.
- I have never attended college since leaving high school, regardless of my age or whether I ever graduated. (Taking courses during the summer term immediately following high school graduation doesn’t make you a transfer student)
I am a transfer student because I can answer "Yes" to all of the following statements:
- I wish to enter the UW to earn my first bachelor’s degree.
- I am no longer attending high school, regardless of how old I am or whether I ever graduated).
- I have completed, plan to complete, or will have completed any coursework at a regionally accredited college or university after leaving high school and before enrolling at the UW (excluding the summer term immediately following high school).
I am an international student because I need an F-1 student visa or have another type of temporary, non-immigrant visa.
Still unsure about your status as an international status? Take this quick and easy test.
Postbaccalaureate is a matriculated (degree-seeking), undergraduate status at the UW, reserved for students who are working towards a second bachelor’s degree or who are preparing for entrance to graduate or professional school. This status includes UW undergraduates who anticipate earning their first bachelor’s degree and wish to pursue a second degree at the UW.
- I am a postbaccalaureate because, before enrolling at the UW, I have completed, or will complete, a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.